As we prepare for the other hen to give birth, which is just about 5 weeks away, we're pretty much on hold for treatments.
We knew that we wanted to take a couple of months off when the baby comes, and figured that we'd take off January through April or so before trying again. Of course, my body has other plans, and because of the length of time it's taken to get my eggs to want to jump out of the basket each month, we're actually abandoning the plan here in November/December. We're headed out of town through the critical timing, and then, in reality, it's really too close to the other baby.
How appropriate is it that we're preparing to adopt an actual "chick?" Just occurred to me that it's rather ironic that the other hen is having a baby girl...we think.
So instead we've done our homestudy, and we're trying to get all our paperwork together (we just had a long list of required documents dropped on us). And 5 weeks is not really a lot of time.
Also a little bizarre to be thinking about is that even if this doesn't work out with the other hen, we have learned so much, and I'm really very grateful for the experience. Just one more thing to add to my list of blessing I'm thanking God for today :)