Friday, August 1, 2008

Mass Production?

After no follicles, two seems like a lot.

I completed another round of Chlomid, this time a double shot. I managed not to be completely crazy, the floater in my eye did not grow, and I actually was not more nauseous or any other scary side effect more than usual. We met with the doctor's office today, and I was privileged to receive another HCG shot. Tomorrow we'll return at my crack of dawn for the first round of IUI.

I really appreciated the nurse that viewed the ultrasound. She was quiet at first, but fortunately relieved me when she said enthusiastically that there were two follicles. Hubby has become pretty good at picking out follicles on the little screen, and thinks they measured large...I guess that's good, but it seems a little weird to me that there were none even slightly stimulated 7 days ago, and now there's two? So now my mind's wondering thinking about the whole hormone induced animals to create more production of food and how some studies link this to what causes young girls to menstruate and develop breasts earlier and earlier...I'm on a whole 'nother track. It was just interesting to think about, especially because I'm on a kick to switch to all organic food, and have really only persisted in milk and meat so far, because I've been so worried about what added hormones do. Of course, as stated in the previous post, maybe I should pay more attention to what I take...and I think that includes all things that go into my body :)

Anyway, the nurse was pretty enthusiastic, and explained everything about IUI to us in good detail. I'll probably be too sleepy tomorrow to really register it, so that was good (we're scheduled for 915, and I get off work at 0630 plus we have a two hour drive, so I'll be sleeping in the car right up until it's my turn). The nurse was then shocked that I haven't been taking any prenatal vitamins...to be fair, it wasn't on the list of pills to take as far as Hubby and I remember, but it makes sense, and I'll be attempting to swallow those bad boys starting this weekend.

Here's hoping for some news to report in a few weeks :)

No comments: