Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Instant Results?

So the doctor's office has recommended Clear Blue Easy for everything--the ovulation kits and the pregnancy tests--as being the easiest and most accurate. Since we live in Podunk, we get what the local store sells, which is NOT Clear Blue Easy. Well, we have the CBE ovulation kit because we bought it in ABQ, but haven't had to use it yet. We thought the ovulation part was probably more important than the pregnancy test brand. Plus, I'm probably a little superstitious and having a pregnancy test around while trying to conceive seems like I'm holding out too much hope. So Hubby bought the test, and we have faithfully been waiting for the time period to end. I was up most of the night on Sunday sick (from something I ate or stress???), and consequently, the last thing I was going to do was visit the bathroom one more time. So we waited until this morning. If I was pregnant yesterday, I'd be pregnant today or know something was wrong, right?

The two little dashes that instantly appeared (seriously, I'm not even sure I was done taking the test, much less putting the cap back on to put it on the counter) are a definite no. In fact, the little circle that you look in is a blaring vibrant blue negative minus sign, much brighter than the second window that always has a line in it. I'm impressed at how quickly a little stick can dash hopes...hey, is the dash symbolic? I hadn't thought of that part...but I left it for the 2 minutes per the test box. Still a nice thick blue dash and not the cross...which come to think of it, a cross for a positive would be quite symbolic too!

Not remembering what comes next, but pretty certain a blood test is the most likely step, I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call back. Good news is that if that's negative and we go back to the BC pills to force menstruation, maybe I'll stop being so grumpy and tender and mean...well, for a couple of weeks anyway :)

Hubby and I will get the hang of this in the next 2-3 months, which will be fitting, because we had decided that we'd move on to the next step if this hasn't happened after 3 months of this plan :)

No comments: